Candace Cordelia and I are back with Pinfalls, our look at the upcoming WWE PPV. After some consideration, we are keeping the Pinfalls name.
On this episode, we welcome Adam Barnard, our first guest analyst. Adam writes for KulturePopped.com and hosts the Foundation Radio podcast.
Adam joins Candace and me as we dive into WWE's Money in the Bank to be shown Sunday, July 18.
The announced card is:
- Raw Women's Championship: Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair
- Women's Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Alexa Bliss vs. Asuka vs. Liv Morgan vs. Naomi vs. Nikki Cross (ASH) vs. Zelina Vega vs. Natalya vs. TBA
- Men's Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Ricochet vs. Morrison vs. Riddle vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Big E vs. Kevin Owens vs. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Seth Rollins
- WWE Championship: Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Kofi Kingston
- WWE Universal Championship: Roman Reigns (c) vs. Edge
- Possible Bonus Match: SmackDown Women's Championship: Bianca Belair (c) vs. Carmella
Candace and I are both 8-3 over the first two episodes of Pinfalls, with a lot of agreement. Of the 11 matches, we only disagreed on two and we split those.
Spoiler alert: There is a fair amount of agreement on these MitB matches, but when we disagreed, it was a full threeway split. When we agreed, often there were differing thoughts leading to our conclusions. Either way, it was fun dissecting the MitB card.
Resurfacing from our dive into the card, I brought up my frustration with the current inconsistencies in the Alexa Bliss storyline, as well as my utter disdain for Lilly. Candace and Adam gave their points, raising some interesting issues.
Candace then turned the discussion to Mandy Rose's appearance on NXT. The three of us debated what we hoped to see from her.
Other notable things we learned in this episode is Adam's issue with Riddle, his thoughts on Philly cheesesteaks, his unwillingness to take back Nick Foles and more. Candace and I appreciate Adam for joining us and we encourage all to check out Foundation Radio and KulturePopped.
Lastly, I want to congratulate Candace on her article in Pro Wrestling Illustrated, as we discuss near the end of Pinfalls. I'm sure it is just the first of many to come for my talented co-host.
Watch WWE Money in the Bank on the Peacock Network on Sunday, July 18 at 7 PM (CST). Check GWSR on Monday for my recap and to see how Candace, Adam and I did with our picks. Look out for the next episode of Pinfalls, which will look at SummerSlam.